I am so thrilled to say that Healthful Mind Body and Soul has been nominated for a Liebster Award! I want to thank Jessica at Prayers and Apples, for nominating me.
So what is the Liebster? Here is what it is all about:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
1. I was born in Augusta, GA home of the Masters.
2. In middle school I was in the 4-H Club and I competed in Fashion Review. I had to sew a complete outfit, take a written test and model the outfit in a fashion show. I made it all the way to the state level.
3. I have been working for the same company for seventeen and a half years.
4. I competed in a beauty pageant while was in college.
5. I have lived in four different states, Georgia, Maryland, Colorado and now Texas.
6. I worked as a lifeguard one summer before going off to college.
7. Taught myself how to knit by downloading instructions from the internet, because my daughter, who was 8 years old at the time, was asking me how to knit.
8. My favorite candy is Ferrero Rocher.
9. I am a morning person, I get up early even on the weekends.
10. I am a scaredy cat, who’s afraid of cats.
11. I am very creative, I love DIY projects and cooking. I am currently working on my first cookbook.
1. What is your favorite subject to write about?
Healthy foods and how the body benefits from eating them.
2. What inspired you to write your blog?
I wanted to share what I was learning about health and fitness and hopefully inspire others thru my experience and knowledge.
3. If readers take away one message from your site, what would you want that message to be?
That you don’t have to be perfect with healthy food choices, deprivation doesn’t work. Be willing to give new foods a try, make sure to give yourself time to relax each day, and just take it one day at a time. When you feel good, life’s more fun!
4. What does “healthy” mean to you?
Eating foods that benefits the body and thinking positively to benefit the soul 90% of the time, and 10% indulgence and negative thoughts, because we are all human and sometimes life happens.
5. What is your favorite quote of all time? Not really a quote, but a scripture.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
6. What do you do for fun (when you’re not blogging)?
I love to shop for fashions, food, cooking spending time with friends and family and reading other blogs.
7. Are you good with the technology side of blogging world or are you computer-challenged?
I am not the most tech savvy, but I’m also not overly computer-challenged, however I wish I knew more. I have learned a lot thru trial and error, there’s so much more I need and want to learn. I’m always searching for information to help me reach my goals.
8. What type of TV shows/movies do you like?
Comedy, I love to laugh.
9. Read any good books lately?
The Search for Significance by Robert S. McGee, hard to put down.
10. What is your favorite memory?
Holding my daughter in my arms for the first time over 17 years ago.
11. Where do you see yourself one year from today?
I will be preparing to send my daughter off to college for the first time and I’ll be an expert at social media.
These are some blogs I have discovered and have chosen.
And now the nominees are:
1. Krystal @coffeecardiogoddess.com
2. Angela @healthangel.wordpress.com
4. Allie @navelgazing.blog
6. Brittany @dulcevie.com
7. Carly @thefasionistafarmwife.wordpress.com
8. Mabelle @dancelovedine.blogspot.ca
9. Hannah @luvdatcupcake
10. Gabby Rose @gabbyroseruns.blogspot.com
If you are on this list please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for your questions.
Thanks again Jessica for the nomination.