Lemons, they may be small, but they’re big with health benefits.
Lemons are like a magician pulling the scarves out of a sleeve, the nutrients are many, vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber.
Starting your day with warm lemon water is one of the best things you can do for your health. Especially during this busy stressful time of the year.
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into 8 ounces of warm water and drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Wait 15 to 30 minutes to have breakfast. This helps to cleanse the liver and jump starts the circulation. If you like you can add a pinch of cayenne to your water.
Benefits of lemon water
- Boost the immune system – an excellent source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that aids the body against immune system deficiencies, especially during stressful days. Saponins in lemons have antimicrobial properties and lemons also in the absorption of iron.
- Aids digestion – Soothes the digestive system and encourages the production of bile. Also help to relieve the symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and bloating.
- Reduces inflammation – removes uric acid, a major cause of inflammation, thus reducing the pain in joints.
- Great source of potassium – potassium is good for heart health, brain and nerve function.
- Balances the pH level – lemon may be acidic, but it has an analyzing effect on the body, and you want your body to be a little on the alkaline side. Disease occurs when the bodies pH is acidic,those nasties that make us sick love an acidic environment, and can’t survive in an alkaline environment.
- Helps keep colon healthy – the pectin fiber in lemons are beneficial for a healthy colon and also helps in fighting hunger cravings, and this may help weight loss.
- Beautifies the skin – the antioxidants in lemon juice helps to decrease blemishes and wrinkles.
There are so many more benefits, to learn more check out The Underground Health, a site that promotes health through holistic living.
This post was shared with the following:
– See more at: http://thenaptimereview.com/#sthash.f6JEQLGO.dpuf