A few weeks ago I purchased a raw protein powder that was on sale, unfortunately, my stomach and the powder did not agree. After returning the powder, I cruised the protein powder aisle for a replacement, most of them that weren’t raw were milk based, which upsets my tummy, or they had ingredients that were unknown to me. To get the benefits of the powder I would have to use almost half the package, bottom line is I just couldn’t justify spending $20, $50 or $60.
My solution was to make my own. I tried o keep all the ingredients raw, since I’m in the second week of my Raw Food Challenge.
- Raw Hemp Seeds – Complete source of protein and good source of calcium and iron.
- Raw Sesame Seeds – Rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acid, oleic acid which helps to lower LDL the bad cholesterol and increases HDL the good cholesterol, great source of protein, b-vitamins and minerals
- Chia Seeds – A super food great for protein and fiber
- Ground Flaxseed – High in omega-3, protein and fiber
- Spirulina – Great source of protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Vanilla Extract Powder – Adds flavor
For some flavor options you can add raw cocoa powder, cinnamon any fruit or vegetable of your choice.
You can find the recipe at The Whole Serving. Give it a try and let me know what you think.