2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoon of water
1 cup low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond milk
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9-inch cake pan with baking spray.
2. In small bowl, whisk together flaxseed and water, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together first four ingredients.
4. In a large bowl, blend together using hand-held mixer the olive oil and sugar, flaxseed mixture, greek yogurt, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Or you could blend using food processor.
5. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Transfer batter to the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes, then transfer to serving dish until cool. Dust with powdered sugar, slice and enjoy.